With the onslaught of new videos being produced as a result of the worldwide pandemic, now is more important than ever to have a well thought out video marketing strategy to ensure your video does not get lost in the noise.
“With an 80% rise in content consumption since the coronavirus pandemic, video watchtimes are expected to reach a 100-minute a day benchmark. Brands should adapt their video strategies to match the new customer and the so-called ‘new normal’.”– Clickz
Producing a company video should not be a “build it and let’s see what happens” scenario. If you have a video produced without putting in some thought and planning first, then you may be wasting a lot of valuable resources.
At a very basic level You must know the MESSAGE you want delivered. You must know WHO you want it delivered to. You must know WHAT you want that audience to do. You must know your GOALS you want this video to achieve. Goals for a video can be many things. Some of the more common ones include Lead generation, Sales, and Branding.
I’ve seen quite a few promo videos on YouTube with dismal views. Don’t let this happen to you! To get you started on the right track we put together these 5 steps to a better video marketing strategy. Ready? Let’s Go!!
- Do you know 𝗪𝗛𝗢 your audience is?
- Do you know what their 𝗡𝗘𝗘𝗗𝗦 are, pain points?
- Pick up any marketing book and, with very few exceptions, they hit you over the head on why you do not want to market to everyone. You want to niche down. Find your audience. Know your audience. Know their likes, where they shop, what they do for fun, what ruffles their feathers. The more you niche down, the more effective you will be.
- Do you know if and how your product or service 𝗦𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗦𝗙𝗜𝗘𝗦 your market’s needs?
- Do you know 𝗪𝗛𝗬 your audience should buy your product or service? Why You? What makes you better than your competition? What is your Unique Selling Proposition (USP)? What makes you different? How do you stand out from the crowd?
When you know the answers to these questions, you’ll be in a position to take your strategy to the next level. On to the next Step…
- Produce VIDEO 𝗖𝗢𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗡T that resonates with your audience. This needs to be High Quality content as studies show over 60% of consumers have a negative perception of a brand after watching poor quality video (Brightcove).
- Your Content Marketing Strategy must include 𝗩𝗜𝗗𝗘𝗢. Viewers retain 95% of a message from video compared to only 10% when reading it on text (Insivia).
- Make it 𝗜𝗠𝗣𝗔𝗖𝗧𝗙𝗨𝗟 and relevant. Include a Call To Action. Tell your viewer what you want them to do.
- Some effective videos start off with a need, then segway into the solution provided by you. In this VR Spot we start off showing that a lack of engagement is the number 1 challenge of any virtual event. Based on our research we first determined that our audience struggles with maintaining a decent level of engagement within their virtual events. Then we show how our unique solution addresses the problem…
- 𝗪𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗘 will you post your video? Hint: Where does your audience hang out at? Facebook? YouTube? Instagram? Twitter? If you did Step 1, this should be a breeze.
- 𝗣𝗢𝗦𝗧 your video. But first determine the best days and times to post on the platforms you choose. A simple Google search will get you your answers. For example, post over the weekend on LinkedIn and you’ll hear crickets.
- Don’t forget to 𝗥𝗘𝗣𝗨𝗥𝗣𝗢𝗦𝗘 your video for varying platforms. Audiences on one platform generally expects to see content in a certain way. For example, YouTube audiences tend to go for longer more involved video. Whereas the opposite is true for Instagram audiences, where shorter is sweeter.
- 𝗔𝗡𝗔𝗟𝗬𝗭𝗘 the results of your video. Some companies prefer to hire a Digital Marketer for this. This is money well spent but you MUST vet them. You MUST verify results they have achieved for past and current clients, as there are way too many ineffective services out there. We can guide you as what to ask.
- 𝗕𝗔𝗦𝗞 in the glory of your 𝗥𝗘𝗦𝗨𝗟𝗧𝗦!
The current COVID-19 crisis has changed the ballgame in all industries. It is up to you to be a change agent. Serve your customers by solving their needs, present and future. You can only do this if you truly know them. Don’t sell your services, but rather sell solutions to customer problems and showcase that in your next Video Content.
Ready to get started on your next project? Schedule a chat below (or email us at email@example.com).